Connector boxes do they meet regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Do these connection boxes meet maintenance free requirements. I am thinking about having some extra lighting installed which will require breaking into my exisiting lighting circuit somewhere (probably above ceiling) so am keen to know whether these fulfill requirements say if cables had to be joined. Don't intend to do myself but I do like to plan things out and have a vague idea of the work involved before I get some quotes.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/wagobox-light-junction-box/8423f#product_additional_details_container

Sponsored Links
I think we decided amongst ourselves that only the Hager/Ashley ones actually complied for certain.

Do these connection boxes meet maintenance free requirements. I am thinking about having some extra lighting installed which will require breaking into my exisiting lighting circuit somewhere (probably above ceiling) so am keen to know whether these fulfill requirements say if cables had to be joined. Don't intend to do myself but I do like to plan things out and have a vague idea of the work involved before I get some quotes. http://www.screwfix.com/p/wagobox-l...#product_additional_details_container[/QUOTE]
The manufacturers seem to believe that, if used in certain ways, they do comply as 'maintenance-free' (they say "Configurable to BS 5733-MF"), but not everyone is convinced. The safest course is to use JBs which are definitely MF' - of which about the only ones I'm aware of are (this one - click here) (and the 3-way J803 equivalent).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back