Conservatory Door Thresher Infill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks to all for previous help and advice.

Latest conservatory concern is that having built an exterior wall and an interior cavity wall up to ground level I am about to infill up to ground level with hardcore to allow the concrete floor to be poured.

My concern is that I have not built the interior wall with a reveal were the door is going to be sited, is this ok?

Obviously when the concrete floor has been poured, I will have the cavity gap alongside the door thresher. Should I rebuild the brickwork creating a reveal for the door?

Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If it is your intention to lay the concrete floor in one go, i.e. no screed, then you need to define the door opening with the internal masonry, below dpc.

If you were going to lay a screed, then you could remove the top course of bricks or hammer off the top 75mm of the blocks, lay a dpm trough and fill in with screed right up to the door threshold.

We always keep the concrete down 75mm+ to allow for a screed, as i find it simpler.

Thanks for your reply. You certainly know your stuff.

Following your advice Im going to re gig the brickwork so I can lay the concrete in one go seems easiest option in the long run.

Thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back