Conservatory dwarf wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to do some costing for a conservatory for my house. I will do the planning and all the regulations, materials buying etc.

If I dig and lay the foundations how much per Sq Metre is a brickie likely to charge laying a dwarf wall for a conservatory, labour only ? How many sq mtr a day on average would a brickie lay.

Just a standard rectangle shape conservatory wall off the back of a lounge with one patio doorway. Location NW England.

Sponsored Links
You don't say what kind of area you're thinking about. For your average conservatory though, after setting out to dpc, generally a couple of days will do it easily for both inner & outer skins. If it's a largish job, then add on accordingly, also if there are any access or other problems, then this will count.
Personally, I would'nt price per metre for a conservatory, it's a matter of scale.

I guess its about 3m each side and 4m wide, one of which will have a single upvc door opening in it, and the walls will be about waist height, ordinary brick, nothing fancy as the house is '30's clay common. Access is easy via the driveway, there's electricity and water close to hand and the soil is sandy. I'm assuming I will dig the footings and float concrete as a base for the walls, or whatever the building regs require. So the bricks will be laid on the concrete.

Assuming a 600mm wall & 1200 wide door, your looking at about 350 brick and 50-ish blocks. Thats a fairly comfortable 2 days, allowing for fixings, loading out etc. Setting out footings and sub-dpc is difficult to judge, but should be no more than a day if you get things anywhere near.
As for Building Regs, you probably won't need them if stay within permitted development guidelines. If you're looking at a 4m projection, then you need to be detached, or 3m for semis.
The best thing is to look at "Planningportal.gov.uk" and follow their conservatory mini guide. Also have a word with your local authority just to be on the safe side and keep any emails or correspondence.
You don't say where in NWyou are, if anywhere nr Stockport, I can recommend a couple of good Brickies.
(I assume one Brickie for estimating purposes)

Sponsored Links
Its no more than two days for two blokes to do the walls. £600. More likely one day though

Remember that the work will probably be split into 2 days.

The first for work up to floor level

Then you lay the slab.

Then they come back and lay the bricks/blocks up to window level.

2 blokes 2 days work £600 ... thats £150 per brickie per day labour only ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back