Conservatory electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conservatory which doesn’t get used which I went into today. I found however that the lights and sockets were no longer working. I have plans to get the conservatory refurbished next summer but am concerned if this is a current safety issue?
Do I need to contact an electrician to come out and check? It could have been like this for several years!
Thanks in anticipation of any help as this is my first post.

Sponsored Links
Who knows? It may be as simple as a RCD FCU tripping. Or even some thing unplugged, or it could be a lot more serious.

If everything is RCD protected I would not be unduly worried, if not then needs more urgent investigation. But first it needs you to look into it, where was it supplied from etc.

Most likely there is a fused connection unit somewhere, and the 13amp fuse has blown.

Most likely to be in the house, very near the conservatory.

This is very often how a socket or two is wired in a conservatory.

Sponsored Links
This is very often how a socket or two is wired in a conservatory.
It is, because it's often too much bother for some to extend the ring, as it means getting two cables in the underscreed conduit, or two cables in the brick base cavity.

It is, because it's often too much bother for some to extend the ring, as it means getting two cables in the underscreed conduit, or two cables in the brick base cavity.
Or because the residents do not want their house ripped apart for a couple of sockets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back