Conservatory Roof Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Everyone
i have a conservatory in a house i moved in earlier this year. nice space but i have the usual problem of too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
i have just asked my plumber to install a radiator as it only had an electric heater.

however am thinking it will be helpful if i could somehow insulate the roof which is polycarbonate without 'killing' the bank account.

any ideas on how to do this at all without getting a company in to redo the roof please. truth being i cant afford it so looking to see if there is a cheaper/effective way of doing this as a diy?

please see pictures. many thanks

Attachments

• con2 (2).JPG
    con2 (2).JPG
    58 KB · Views: 107
  • con2 (1).JPG
    con2 (1).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 102
Sponsored Links
Knock it down and create a proper room, or replace with proper double glazing (cheaper option).

Heating that is a waste of money.

Heating that very cold conservatoy in winter will take lot from the heating system,

Heating for conservatories has to comply with Part L of the Building Regulations

or replace with proper double glazing

Before doing that ensure that the structure can take the weight of a double glazed roof with safety glass.

many thanks for the replies. appreciated.
Knock it down and create a proper room
wish i could but i cant afford it now so looking for a much cheaper solution that will last about 3 years for now. thank you though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back