Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My conservatory is about 12 years old and the white rubber beading seal around the frames and windows inside has discoloured and is now a diry yellow colour. Is there any treatment I can use to restore the seals to the original colour?

Sponsored Links
No. UV has degraded it and it will have to be renewed

Thanks for your reply, I thought that might be the case. Rather than go to the extent and cost of having all the beading replaced, could I for instance paint it with a suitable product? I know it would be a fiddly job, and would discolour again in time, but I have plenty of time to spare! Would I have to mask the beading from the upvc or like tile grout paint, is there something that would dry to the beading and wipe off the upvc?

I do not think it is possible to paint over silicon.

But you could cover it with a bead of decorators caulk, which later on could be painted over.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back