Constant replacement of valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) Gas - Ferroli Tempra 18 Boiler (3 years old)

2) Constant replacement of motorised valves (3 in total). Have replaced CH valve (myson mpe222) for upstairs ch, downstairs ch and valve for water tank. These 3 have been replaced in the last 5 weeks.

3) Problem manifested itself by heating not working upstairs rads - replaced valve. Then few weeks later heating not working downstairs rads - replaced valve. Then this week no hot water so again replaced the 3rd valve

Is this normal? How often on average do these valves need replacing. Am I likely to have problems going forward or could there be a further source of the problem

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this normal?
No. Motorised valves usually run for many years, even decades, without any trouble.

Sounds like you've got a duff batch of valves (all same make and model?) or something seriously wrong with system (wiring? pipework? chemical additive?). How do the valves fail (motor, micro switch, valve ball)?

How do the valves fail (motor, micro switch, valve ball)?

Hi Chris. Don't understand the above. I replaced the last valve (water tank) in that the boiler wasn't firing up when set to HW only. When I pushed valve from auto to manual the boiler did fire up so I went a head and replacement suspect valve with new one. Now boiler firing up on automatic switch with set to HW only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back