Constantly bleeding...

Thanks Terence,

But I don't actually have a blockage, just a noisy radiator, as if something is rattling around inside it or it's bubbling with air, and I have to bleed quite regularly.

I haven't tried to capture the gas on the overflow yet but I tried to ignite what came out when bleeding the radiators, as far as I could tell it didn't ignite.

On the noisy radiator I opened up the lockshield slightly on Saturday, this did quieten it down a fair bit, I haven't tried opening it more as I don't want to affect the balance too much.

What I don't know is why it's made it a little quieter opening the lockshield :?:

Like you said, it can't hurt, plus I've just fitted 2 new towel radiators, one in the bathroom upstairs and one in the toilet downstairs so it's going to need a treatment anyway

Sponsored Links
Tomo you have a partial blockage, which will only get worse if not taken care of
A magnet will not stick to copper. If fact it doesn't full stop but it will stick to manganite inside a copper pipe , as is happening with yours. That needs sorting out by chop out and replace. If you break it down with chemicals , it will just move around the system causing greater problems
The chemical treatment is for afterwards, when the cold feed area is sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back