Constantly having to bleed radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have to constantly bleed 2 of the radiators in my house. We're talking about once every 2 weeks. Ones upstairs and the other is downstairs.

Also I can hear alot of gurgling from both rads, and the occassional LOUD Gurgling...

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
One ov 2 things or both if water in radiator is black sludge like then it needs flushing out, sludge makes air in heating system. Or you have a small leak on system drawing air into sytem all the time whan pump is on.

Sponsored Links
If this is an open vented system rather than a combi, check your header tank. There have been a few problems in this forum concerning water gushing from the vent pipe back into the tank If this happens, the water in your system picks up a new supply of dissolved air every time it goes over the top.

I should also add that dissolved air speeds up corrosion. The sooner you get to the bottom of this the better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back