bleeding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought i had already post this but can't find it so apologises if it is a double post.

i have replace 2 radiators downstairs and am now trying to bleed the system, i started upstairs, as loads of gurgling noises, but all its going is drawing air in through the valves, i have checked the feeder tank in loft, and tried bleeding radiators whilst CH is running and switched off, but no difference, any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If no water is running out of the system, and the pump is off, then you can't be drawing air in through the rad vents.

I suggest switching off the programmer, manually opening all MZVs, opening ALL rad valves (both sides), then venting.

Also, make sure that water is leaving the F&E cistern - you can do this by shutting off the cold supply to the F&E before venting, and verifying that the cistern empties as a result of venting.

If this doesn't work, then please post back what happens when you've tried and observed all the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back