Constructional hearth/fireplace regs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

So we’ve just had to replace the timber suspended floor in our front room, and realised that the hearth (distinctly lack of one) is not up to regs for our old/original log burner (there was just the sheet of glass there originally from the previous owners and the wooden suspended floor beneath).

I’ve been reading the building regs of what we need to do to bring it up to scratch and I’m getting a little confused. Can I just check these drawings make sense and I’ve interpreted the regs correctly? I’ve included photos of the room to help visualise with the new suspended floor (wooden timbers in the area of the constructional hearth would be cut back to make way for a sunken concrete slab).

Thanks in advance!

Becky

A4BB28CC-C6E3-405D-9305-6772DE802754.jpeg
D88911FB-242A-4E36-8CDD-9F01A8A7970E.jpeg
2B650480-5150-4646-AAF6-DAACF3C8EA5B.jpeg
12932E8C-385F-4A28-B9D8-A29036DA9BA4.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Does that burner require a constructional hearth? Have you checked the manufacturer or HETAS guides?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back