Consumer Unit Change - NICEIC Assessment

Just wondering why the 16th edn mention Uo which has now been dropped in the 17th edn regs? Uo being phase to earth voltage in a TN system?? Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it :D

I don't think it is so much an issue with a single enclosure, I just think it a bit OTT where you have two separate simultaneously accessible enclosures, for example 2 separate light switches within arms reach on different circuits fed from different phases.

Sponsored Links
Just wondering why the 16th edn mention Uo which has now been dropped in the 17th edn regs? Uo being phase to earth voltage in a TN system?? Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it :D
You are, a bit. The nominal voltage between line and neutral conductors is also 230V. The current version is non-specific as to which conductors the nominal voltage refers; the objective is to warn you of higher than expected voltages.

I don't think it is so much an issue with a single enclosure, I just think it a bit OTT where you have two separate simultaneously accessible enclosures, for example 2 separate light switches within arms reach on different circuits fed from different phases.
Then you will be delighted to read the First Amendment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back