Containers for screws and bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My metal case for fixings needs replacing. I initially attempted to separate screw sizes into separate sections but the case was dropped and it became a mess. I've stored it up right too bungeed to a hook and it rests on wheel arch. Thinking of making another shelf and buying two new cases and storing flat on shelf in van.. only the toughest survive in the back of my van

Also in garage any suggestions for there. Got limited space

Bolts, screws, plugs etc etc

20211109_152511.jpg
20211109_152418.jpg
20211109_152407.jpg

Sponsored Links
DIYer,i got these on a deal from screwfix
https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-fatmax-deep-pro-organiser-14-x-18/22910
I now have 8 , with various screws, bolts , plugs etc sorted , some deep some narrow and they lock together - you can get water resistant version that have metal clips and gasket.
I also have some dewalt organisers , on offer from toolstation & screwfix, also very good.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-tstak-organiser-dwst83497-1-4-6-x-13/472kj

I like that i can take out the cup and then relock the box for any screws i need

BUT ,they only go out in the car if i'm helping someone, NOT every day use

Sponsored Links
In my garage and fixed to the wall, I have a 5 foot by 5 foot unit, completely filled with plastic slide out boxes/shelves around 2 1/2 high by 10 wide, each divided into four, so hundreds of compartments. Each is filled with smaller items, like screws rawlplugs, fuses, Jubilee clips, springs, tubes of glue, car lamps, nuts, bolts, you name it, you will probably find one in there. It came from a milliners shop which was closing down.

It came from a milliners shop which was closing down.
great find, and plastic, ideal for garage, i have had to use the stanley/dewalt organises , and some cassette boxes & cases - all labeled, but that sounds excellent , not very portable though

great find, and plastic, ideal for garage, i have had to use the stanley/dewalt organises , and some cassette boxes & cases - all labeled, but that sounds excellent , not very portable though
I have about a dozen of the fatmax organisers, how come when i want something it's always in the bottom case ?

I’ve just googled screw boxes, plenty of offerings, in both metal and plastic.

This must be a wind up!
No trader keeps that mismatch of screws.
I've only seen such things in allotments, rightly so.
But any trader, even bodgers, will have some sort of separation between different screws, of course the cheapest on the market.
It's a wind up!

They no longer make the Unibox but do a wide range boxes suh as https://uk.curver.com/uk_en/handy-tray
I had my Lego in these when I was a kid. I thought somebody had bought the moulds and was selling new boxes on eBay but I can't find them.

Really Useful Boxes are pretty good as well, decent thick quality plastic.
Not sure what kind of container it would take to sort out the OP's mess though....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back