Continuity of ring main FAULT on r2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Hi,

Just practicing testing on my house, and so far no problems, but on testing my downstairs ring, the results for r1 and rn were fine ( little r1 and littlr rn ), but doing my r2, found that I have got an open circuit, I have checked ALL socket terminations. (every point has been checked)

Could anyone please tell me the procedure to go on about finding the fault please.

Thankyou Katron

Sponsored Links
test each leg of the ring individually. firstly test half of the circuit. then half agan until you find the fault

so basically a long wander lead from 1 leg of cpc in board to socket cpc in roughly middle of circuit.

How I'd go about it is connect L - E of one leg in the CU, then go around checking the L - E continuity at each socket on the affected circuit. The last one that bleeps or the first one that doesn't (providing you have a good idea where the cables run) will be where the fault lies - or on the interconnecting cable.
If you wanted to you could connect L - E on the other leg at the CU (remove the other L - E leg connection), do the same check and hopefully you'll get a similar result.

Sponsored Links
:p Cheers Spark123
Located the problem. just have to replace one leg between sockets,

Thankyou you made my life easier, much obliged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back