Conventional boiler.... comeback Combi all is forgiven!

What's a high quality Combi, in your opinion?

I attend allot of breakdowns on Combi's, carry case full of Combi Service kits on my van, along with more PCB's than I can remember, I also attend to breakdowns on Systems too so have a fully supply of diverter and zone valves, pumps and parts for the boilers.

I tend to deal with jammed up Combi's more than systems, at present, didn't used to be like this 5 years ago :(

As said I haven't seen a ATAG so can't comment.

Also just to add, a Boilermate is a oversized Combi, just the heat source is remote, the store, plate, pumps, clock are all inside a box as they not?

I'm fully aware a Combi is Combined, if anyone needed that teaching they can look at a old Worcester, they just had a standard 3 way valve and pump shoved in with DHW heat exchanger. Got to love the earlier ones.

Sponsored Links
2 pages of your senile ramblings without once addressing the simple fact that the boiler you are extolling for a 3 bath 4 bed house can only provide the usable volumes of water at a whopping 38 degrees.

Next you'll be boasting how your boiler can do nearly 19l/min ;)

2 pages that amply demonstrate how little experience you really have.

Oh, and my bucket is there purely for scientific reasons. And to feed the horse of course :oops:

Well actually I just haven't got round to fitting the discharge pump.

I guess the less said about my TS' TPV the better :LOL:

What's a high quality Combi, in your opinion?
Obviously not your idea. ATAG is about the best. Other Dutch makers are good, like ATMOS. Forget Vaillant.

I tend to deal with jammed up Combi's more than systems, at present, didn't used to be like this 5 years ago :(
Because more combis are on the market. I gather the combis you attend have no filter, dirty inside and no scale prevention, which none is the fault of the combi.

Also just to add, a Boilermate is a oversized Combi,
My God! The Boilermate is a stand alone thermal store. It is NOT a combi And they let these people into people's homes.

2 pages of your senile ramblings without once addressing the simple fact that the boiler you are extolling for a 3 bath 4 bed house can only provide the usable volumes of water at a whopping 38 degrees.
It will give 45C with a main temp of 10C, at a 35C temp rise.

Next you'll be boasting how your boiler can do nearly 19l/min ;)
My ATAG gives 15 litre a minute. I have measured 17 in summer. It fills a bath pronto at any time of year and never fails ion the shower.

Oh, and my bucket is there purely for scientific reasons.
Is that what they call cowboys work these days. Amazing!

Sponsored Links
But Dr Drivel, you still haven't told us all about your wonderful ATAG A350EC.... is this the model that is guaranteed to never break down.... ever?

I want to fit these boilers, do you think that ATAG will sell me one or are they only available to special people like you with special needs?

It will give 45C with a main temp of 10C, at a 35C temp rise.

Not comparable to a cylinder of hot water.

Bang a 180 litre cylinder with a blending valve set to give 45C; coupled with a system boiler suited to the property and you'll have a far more reliable and efficient system.

May we ask how many boilers you have installed?

The Boilermate does have combined functions and so could be called a combi.... But it isn't a combination boiler.... But you keep wittering on about combis which could be any machine with a combined function.... Is the ATAG A350EC a combi?.....Does it play cds and make the tea at the same time?

I shall rephrase it, a oversized Combi with a thermal store then. The whole point of the Store was that its quick and easy to install with everything bar the appliance in one box, mostly because a Combi, at the time, couldn't deliver the demand required.

I'm sure these ATAGs are super, I really am, but I haven't seen one, of the 1000's of jobs I've completed in 9 years not one.

Scale is a big issue in this county, a huge one in fact, most Combi's are jammed with crud, scale is a issue but not as bad as dirty water, lots of filters are now fitted which sure does help, a filter isn't going to stop a diverter pin from sticking or leaking, just a 30 mins job to drain and swap it round on most appliances.

Anyone I'm going to watch from now on, you have a unhealthy obsession with Combi's :LOL: I don't mind them myself, just think a system is better :)

But Dr Drivel, you still haven't told us all about your wonderful ATAG A350EC.... is this the model that is guaranteed to never break down.... ever?

I want to fit these boilers, do you think that ATAG will sell me one or are they only available to special people like you with special needs?
Dr Duh!, ATAG make the best. Try and figure it all out. It is not difficult.

I shall rephrase it, a oversized Combi with a thermal store then.
Again..."The Boilermate is a stand alone thermal store. It is NOT a comb".

I'm sure these ATAGs are super, I really am, but I haven't seen one, of the 1000's of jobs I've completed in 9 years not one.
Most mechanics have never worked on RRs either.

Scale is a big issue in this county and installer never put adequate scale protection. Scale affect EVERY system.

I have a healthy appreciation fro quality products and suitable applications. get to know the products on the market and how to apply them.

Dr Duh!, ATAG make the best. Try and figure it all out. It is not difficult.

So why did you tell us that you had an ATAG A350EC? Can you tell us where we can buy this model boiler

TellMeWhy";p="2781140 said:
I shall rephrase it, a oversized Combi with a thermal store then.
Again..."The Boilermate is a stand alone thermal store. It is NOT a comb".

No one said it was......You'd look pretty silly trying to comb your hair with a Boilermate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back