Conventional to Worcester Combi, Will baths be hot enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I could really do with some advice here please, our 15 year conventional boiler is on its last legs, so we thought it would be a good opportunity to replace it with a combi boiler. We've had a qoute for a Worcester 28i jr Greenstar HE combi.

But I like scolding hot baths daily and I have heard that combi boilers can sometimes only provide lukewarm ones if that, and that they take ages to fill, Is this true?

Sponsored Links
They do tend to take a little longer to fill but you get used to it..

You can have the water as hot as you like..I could not get into my bath having filled it with just hot water....I'd lose most of my skin..

Most combis have controls to alter the temp of both hot water and CH..

I have a baxi 105he...works for me..

Al

They ARE slower, yes, (mine takes 15 mins to get a bath) but temp-wise its no problem. We dont bath anyway, so no problem for us :D

Check the manufacturer's data for the boiler you are considering.

Points you might want to consider are that a combi takes its supply from the cold water main, so flushing a toilet, running a cold tap etc reduces the water available to the combi hence the quantity of hot water out. In the winter the cold water arriving at the house is at lower temperature, so you might have to reduce the flow to get the same temperature hot water out. Also, whilst the combi is heating the hot water, it can't heat the radiators too, but it's normally not for long enough to cause much of a problem.

Sponsored Links
they have quoted you a great boiler, one of the issues you may have will be the pipe work to your bath will probably be 22mm which ideally shouldn't be used on a combi boiler as the water flows through the boiler in to great a volume so it should be 15mm, you can overcome this by not opening the tap all the way, it will certainly give you nice hot water in the summer and reduced flow will give you hot enough water in the winter, you could ask the fitters to replace 22mm with 15mm but they probably won't want to or will say it'll make no diff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back