convert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad day, actually pretty good week so far. :D
The thickness referred to the posting habits of the op.
How can anyone who claims to be a RGI, ask twice what is involved in converting an open vent to a combi?

Sponsored Links
If you don't know what is involved in converting a system, I would recommend you join a company for a few years to gain experience.
I can appreciate that not everyone knows exactly what the best way to go about is, or the best order in which to do things, but you should know what to do.

cheers for your help i will give you a full report next week when completed

Sponsored Links
have you been honest with your customer and told them that you havent done one before ?, its not really fair to gain your experience at your customers expense, they will have to live with your first "attempt" and may not be able to afford to put right your mistakes, take bens advice and work for a company, that way you can gain experience without ripping people off

... take bens advice and work for a company, that way you can gain experience without ripping people off
Might also save you the experience of a couple of heavies knocking on your door that want to know what you think you were doing at their mum's place.

its my friends house and yes i have explained,there no companys taking on atthe moment and iv kids to feed

so your not going to give no advice about the job in question then?

If you don't have the beginning of a clue how to go about this, there is no way you can acquire the knowledge from simply posting things at the forum.
I, personally, find it totally unethical to grab somebody's hard earned money whilst knowing full well the job will be bothched, so: no, I will not help you land this job.

i do have a bit of an idea
That is not enough. How would you feel if the garage told you the car needs a new lump, and after spending a couple of thousand quid, you can't go to work on a regular basis because the car doesn't start? You paid your money, you got the work done, but the car is no more reliable that it was before.

Would you accept it if the mechanic said:" sorry mate, it was my first engine change, we all have to start somewhere. I tried and did my best. not my fault, I have bills to pay."

turn the gas and water off bleed the water from the tank find what pipes are what

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back