Converting conservatory to extension - ball park cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

We've decided to take the plunge and replace our old, leaky 6m by 4m conservatory with a single story extension and knock through the back of the house to the dining room to create a new kitchen/dining living space. I wondered whether anyone had an idea as to possible ball park costs for the build itself. We've started talking to an architect so will get all the designs / building regs / structural plans sorted ahead of any proper building quotes but I just wanted a rough idea as this will be a huge development and I don't want to get too far in and burn up loads of cash before I get any nasty surprises.

Some points to mention:

- The foundations for the conservatory were 1000mm deep by 600mm wide (according to the plans signed planning and building control) and the architect thinks they'll be fine, so we're working to those & assuming that we won't need new ones digging
- We're assuming a flat roof construction with 3 dome windows in
- Looking at aluminium bi-fold doors c3000mm
- it's a lean-to conservatory, either side of it has a brick wall already built
- knock through opening to the existing dining room (external wall) would be c3.5-4m

So I guess the big difference/assumption to the norm is the fact that we'll be looking at building on the existing foundations, which will help keep costs down.

Oh, and we live in West Sussex

Any thoughts welcome :)

Sponsored Links
£30k including heating and electrics. Existing found's will save about a £1000 but will still need to be exposed. The masonry, unless 100mm cav, will have to be re-built.

Sponsored Links
Back