Converting y plan to s plan troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any of you electrical /plumbing chaps help me out,I`ve had to convert my y plan to s plan to add an additional zone for an underfloor heating system(dont get me started on that particular project :evil: )

heres my trouble....where do I pick up the switched supply to the boiler panel from ? the honeywell diag shows "basic boiler only "

Do I connect up the boiler supply from the wiring centre to the SWL and disregard the L terminal or link the two out?
WIRINGDIAGRAMSPLAN.jpg

Thanks folks

Sponsored Links
Pump
L - 9
N - 2
E - 3

Boiler connections
SWL - 10
L - 1
E - 3
N - 2

Pump
L - 9
N - 2
E - 3

Thanks for that gasman...just finished wiring in the ufh manifold too,and its all working a treat.

I had it all sussed ,except for the additional swl/pump overun terminals on the boiler,that the honewell diag didnt show.

I have the full wiring diag. for wiring up an ufh system if anyone wants a copy ,drop me a line and i`ll post it up.

Thank you gasman,and thank you honeywell customer support. :D

Pump
L - 9
N - 2
E - 3

Boiler connections
SWL - 10
L - 1
E - 3
N - 2

Pump
L - 9
N - 2
E - 3

This assumes that there is a twin+earth in place for the pump and a 3-core+earth for the boiler.

When I was updating the controls on my system, which has the boiler in the kitchen and the pump upstairs with the MV etc, I found that there was a twin+earth, for the main supply to the boiler, and a twin, one wire of which was used as the Line feed from the boiler to the pump, the other was used for the switched feed from wiring centre to boiler. The pump's N and E connections were made at the wiring centre, not the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Pump
L - 9
N - 2
E - 3

Boiler connections
SWL - 10
L - 1
E - 3
N - 2

Pump
L - 9
N - 2
E - 3

This assumes that there is a twin+earth in place for the pump and a 3-core+earth for the boiler.

When I was updating the controls on my system, which has the boiler in the kitchen and the pump upstairs with the MV etc, I found that there was a twin+earth, for the main supply to the boiler, and a twin, one wire of which was used as the Line feed from the boiler to the pump, the other was used for the switched feed from wiring centre to boiler. The pump's N and E connections were made at the wiring centre, not the boiler.

Thats excactly what I did. The neutral is common at all points,so It really didnt matter where i picked it up from.
I originally had the pump running from the wiring centre but wasnt sure whether the pump would still over-run.

pah...central heating wiring its a doddle :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back