Cooke & Lewis framed doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help with what is probably a simple question.

I recently installed a Cooke & Lewis kitchen, Carisbrook in design.

http://www.cookeandlewis.co.uk/kitchens/carisbrooke_country

The frames are fitted with a sort of L bracket, but not at 90 degrees.

One side plugs into the frame, the other side is screwed to the carcass.

It works fine on the left side, but cannot get the right side in. I popped out the fitting, put the frame in place and then half managed to get the bracket in the hinge hole.

When i then screw the frame to the carcass, the frame is loose and fitting falls out. I've used plastic fittings and made it solid now.

Where did i go wrong?

Sponsored Links
I assume these are the small brackets with a pin whihc is slightly knruled / toothed that insers into the frame (in pre drilled insertion holes) and the carcass securing face is predrilled for a small csk screw to be affixed through.

If these are the items I suspect, they are best secured by first inserting them into the frame (on both sides), then sliding the frame to carcass face - pressing the L brackets to slide into the carcass side wall.

This way the L brackets remain fully inserted into front frame (I suspect your lose ones are not) allowing full tension to be applied when the brackets are then screwed to carcass.

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct.
I could not get the frame into the carcass using that method though. I did put the fixings into the holes on the frame first.
Did i just need to use more force?

Sponsored Links
Yes, try inserting them one side of frame at a time.
They are typically tight enough to suspend the frame in the carcass opening without inserting the screws - to help get a "feel" for how snug they should be.

They actually "bite" into those pre drilled insertion holes when you pressure them to get them into carcass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back