Fitting a door in a crooked frame. Best strategy please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a new door in a new frame. Unfortunately the hinge side of the frame is about 5mm out of vertical, going narrower at the bottom.

I will trim the door to fit. Should I then simply hang as normal or try some fancy stuff with the hinge rebates to try to get the door moving vertically?

I suppose a frame side that slopes "upwards" is worse than one sloping "downwards" from the point of view of the way the door will swing.

Sponsored Links
i am assuming the legs are parralel with each other and the wall face

is the deviation along the length!!! if so just shoot in hinge side first [as normal]

if it kicks out just at the bottom try a block off wood and sharp tap but dont overdo it incase you knockthe frame out off line

yes as normal
5 mm is such a small amount its not even worth worrying about half and half[removing 2.5 one side 2.5 other side ] just fit as normal

:D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back