cooker / air vents?

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Gas cooker in a kitchen with no ventilation, (air brick) apart from opening window, door to outside. What are the requirements for venting??
Room size 12' x10'. approx.
Lady Im decorating for asked me. reckons, while booking on phone for boiler service bg asked her if she had more gas appliances, only a gas cooker. Ahh said saleman, we'll have to check air supply that will be £57 :eek: if you book it now. Or, £79 :eek: :eek: if you dont book today. I dont know if this is true, but She is elderly and a bit concerned her cooker my be deemed dangerous and cut off etc.

Sponsored Links
If you assume room is 2.4M high, then very approx would be from your figures, 4 x 3 x 2.4 = 28.8m3.

As such is greater than 20m3 and as she has an opening window, as long as it is direct to outside, then she needs no purpose ventilation.

Another BG rip off I think.

BG have good engineers usually but they let themselves down badly in these situations!

I'll only charge you £45 for that 15 sec calculation :LOL:

Most domestic cookers require only a openable door or window to outside as ventliation.

James

gas4you said:
If you assume room is 2.4M high, then very approx would be from your figures, 4 x 3 x 2.4 = 28.8m3.

As such is greater than 20m3 and as she has an opening window, as long as it is direct to outside, then she needs no purpose ventilation.

Another BG rip off I think.

BG have good engineers usually but they let themselves down badly in these situations!

er if she was on the phone then she wasnt talking an engineer. some p isstaker in the office is probably trying it on.

forking hate it when some office monkey has talked you into a nightmare before you have even opened your mouth :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BG engineers not to blame, BG sales team and management are RS hoals will rip off ne1 if they can.... Good job the rest of us have morals

gas4you said:

:LOL: Is that double time after midnite.

Interesting replies though thanks... Apparently It was BG call centre who are quoting this. I can understand with a gas fire etc . but hMM
Cheers.

Not blaming you BG engineers, just the horrendous sytem you have to be part of.

I know BG engineers, installers, locally who tell me that I would not believe what the salesman has promised, only they have to tell customer it is not possible :eek:

Reminds me of one of your salesmen who told my now loyal customer, that they would fit a BF fire in his conventional mid house fire place :eek: :LOL:

Hats off to you who know what you're doing, i could not put up with getting sh1te for someone elses bull **** :rolleyes:

confidentincompetent said:
gas4you said:

:LOL: Is that double time after midnite.

Interesting replies though thanks... Apparently It was BG call centre who are quoting this. I can understand with a gas fire etc . but hMM
Cheers.

those prices are probably fixed prices for a service on the cooker.

gas4you said:
Reminds me of one of your salesmen who told my now loyal customer, that they would fit a BF fire in his conventional mid house fire place

im not at all surprised. we have a very over active salesman here who would have wanted to kill that salesman for promising rubbish like that.

Hats off to you who know what you're doing, i could not put up with getting sh1te for someone elses bull s**t

i get very little hassle from customers on that front. must be my "do i look like i care" demeanour. (sp)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back