cooker and hob installation help

You're quite right. I did not address the OP directly. But I did say:

Anyway, as you say. Let the OP be reassured.

And you're wrong.

I didn't come here looking for an argument.

Look back at my history of posts and you will see that in very few have I been argumentative.

I originally asked a very simple polite question:

Where does it mention 2m?

I expected a polite reply, but got a snotty one. So one could observe that you were picking an argument.

Sponsored Links
I don't need to trawl through your posts, ss. I've already formed my opinion, in my short time here, that you're a very knowlegable and useful poster here. So, I'd prefer that we didn't fall out with each other.

Perhaps you might have the good grace to acknowlege that I was the first here to assure the O/P that he could use his existing circuit - and that all the other stuff was simply an unnecesssary distraction from the O/P?

Lucia.

Coljack: I asked that question of securespark. Why did you feel the need to respond by using "We".

Are you the official spokesman for securespark - or do you simply like to repeat the blooming obvious?

Lucia.

I'm sorry but was this post directly below one of mine not aimed at me then?

The fact remains the this thread belongs to the the originator of it.....

So will you join me in assuring the O/P that his existing 30A/6mm supply is adequate for his new load?

Lucia.

and where in the other post did you directly address it to SS?

Perhaps you might have the good grace to acknowlege that I was the first here to assure the O/P that he could use his existing circuit - and that all the other stuff was simply an unnecesssary distraction from the O/P?

Lucia.

no you weren't..

Those two are fine to run off the 30A supply.
The hob will wire direct in using whatever cable the maker recommends.
Check the instructions for the oven. It may specify that it must be protected by a 13A fuse. If so there are ways to do this.

Sponsored Links
I dare say our discussion was a distraction from the original post, yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back