Wiring in Ele. Oven and Hob

KJH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be grateful of some advise please.

I need to fit a hob and double oven in my new house. The old hob was fitted to a cooker switch using 6mm cable from the CU on a 30amp fuse.
I have isolated this and the hob is the only thing on this circuit.

The old cooker which was rated at 2.70W was on a 3 pin plug, plugged into the ring main.

I understand that I can wire the Hob into the cooker switch box using 6mm. cable. Can I run a feed from the cooker switch around to the oven using 6mm? So in other words both the hob and the oven run from the cooker switch.

The distance from the CU to the Cooker switch is about 10 to 12m and the distance between hob and oven is no more than 3m.

The ratings for the new equipment are

Hob 7.2kW max total amps 30 min fuse protection 30A

Oven Max Load 4410 W

I hope this is a clear explanation of what I'm trying to do!

Sponsored Links
The best thing to do would be to install a separate 20A circuit for the oven

You could get away with the just the current (pun not intended) circuit if you apply the diversity rules for cookers, but that would most likely lead to the circuit being overloaded at christmas when lots of cooking is happening

No. There has to be no more than 2m between the isolation switch and the fixed equipment.

The two appliances are best fed seperately. The oven needs a 20A circuit, and the hob a 32A.

You can apply diversity, but best to run them on their own, so Xmas (a long way away now!) does not cause tripping problems.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back