cooker install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we currently have a hob on a 30amp circuit and a double oven the other side of the kitchen on a different 30amp circuit. I recently got a freestanding cooker that is blowing the fuse but only when the grill is turned on. We have decided to get a new cooker but on going to currys today I saw a big sign saying all cookers should be connected to a 32amp circuit. ? my consumer unit only has this circuit on a 30amp and it's the old cartridge type fuses. I don't want to get an electrician in and have to get this replaced for the new cooker so what is the options.

I need a new cooker and want to order this asap

thanks for any advice ( I would not be doing this job myself, before someone says get in professionals )

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That site is wrong. There is no such thing as a 44.60A fuse.
99.9% of cookers will be fine on a 30A circuit, including that one.

oh I spotted this on the site under tech spec for that cooker. but you are right 30a is fine

Ah. I see it now.

That is the load of all the elements, 10700W, which does equate, at 240V, to 44.6A but that is not the fuse rating which should be used for a cooker.
As said - a mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back