Cooker Outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, another one for you.....i currently have a 45amp cooker switch fed with 10mm twin and earth. I am getting a built in double oven (4000w i think), i know i need to have a cooker outlet unit between the switch and the oven but why? why cant you just wire from the cooker switch to the back of the oven? what purpose does the cooker outlet unit serve?.
Also what size wire would be best to use from the cooker switch to the cooker outlet unit? and then the cooker outlet unit to the back of the oven?. Am i ok to keep with the 10mm seeing how the run to the switch is in 10mm? and are there any rules about how long a run you are allowed from switch to cooker outlet unit? and from cooker outlet unit to oven?
thanks in advance.

+++++++++++++++
Moderator's note:
This is a new question

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
If you have 10mm² coming into the cooker control unit, you must have 10mm² coming out of it.

You don't need an outlet plate, but it is a convenient point to connect up to. You could just take the 10mm² straight into the oven.

A lot of built in units come with flex attached so a ccu is probably way to go.

Also if your new oven is is ~ 4000W maybe you need to down rate the fuse/breaker to ~20A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back