No oven or hob

Sponsored Links
was that for or against my suggestion to use 2.5mm² ? ;) :?:

RF is for your suggestion.

Apologies, Col.

Just call me old-fashioned!

I was brought up (under the 15th) to believe that if you installed a dedicated radial like an immersion heater circuit, a shower or a cooker, that no additional CUE could be added to that circuit.

Then when the 16th came along, I considered that these circuits could have additional CUE added (although the OSG, not the regs advises not for IH's) as long as it is done with cable of the same csa.

Now the 17th has introduced this reg allowing a reduced csa under certain circumstances.

OK, I shall consider myself dragged into the 21st C.... ;)

Well, I must say, that's cheered me up no end!

I can add it to my creaky knees and spine & look forward to retirement! :LOL:

They do say there's nothing wrong in exceeding the requirements of the regs.

When visiting houses I shall be aware of that, as I have previously highlighted circuits with undersized cable on them as unsafe, but for me personally, I shall continue with my 15th Ed. thinking, in that respect at least.

Sponsored Links
I think that if that was in one side of a dual box and you used singles you'd probably be able to route them across to the other side of the box...

No?

no, because if you look at the other picture of it, it shows it as extending lower than the back box at roughly the level where the terminals are.. as shown by the red box I've drawn on it to show the boundaries of the back box..

View media item 11453

Yes I know it extends below it.

But now imagine it without one of the outgoing cables, and consider the space under the cover - it doesn't look to me as though you definitely couldn't route singles back up inside, and then off to the left or right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back