Cooker Stability Chain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do regs require stability chains/brackets on free standing cookers or is it just good practice?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
All free standing cookers even the big range ones that would never topple in a million years, have to have a stability bracket or chain

All free standing cookers even the big range ones that would never topple in a million years, have to have a stability bracket or chain

Its a bit daft that the dual oven range cookers with boiler unit requre a a chain. If it fell, it would snap the chain... and you'd have some force to make it fall over.

depending on how the cooker is connected, he hasnt given enough info (aye you are right im a trainer, not a worker)

Is this when the freestanding cooker is hardpiped? (never seen one)

I don't make the rules fella, but i did get in trouble for not checking a chain on a massive range cooker :rolleyes:

I don't make the rules fella, but i did get in trouble for not checking a chain on a massive range cooker :rolleyes:

I know mate, I have to give out notices for NTCS, even though verbal is fine.

So many missing safety chains, missing flue guards and no earth bonding at the meter. Warning notices are the bain of my life!

Terrydoh you should have put all free standing cookers on a flex need it.
Someone may have solid fixed it which is what kirk is getting at

When I was with BG it would be the first thing they would go after someone for if they needed to get rid of them or wanted to give them a slap on the wrist.

Misssing notice on an inspection, and the client had it holds no water so no real defence

If it fell, it would snap the chain...
The chain stops it tipping far enough to fall ;).
It also protects the hose from being strained if the appliance is slid out.

Most eloquently put, couldn't have put it better myself.

I didn't mean the nail

Must start quoting people :p

If it fell, it would snap the chain...
The chain stops it tipping far enough to fall ;).

It also protects the hose from being strained if the appliance is slid out.

Surely if the appliance has been slid out then the chain will have been disconnected and therefore no longer have any effect?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back