Cooker supply

May be there is a reason why in Wales your not allowed to DIY that work?
Yes.

England was very silly to alter the requirements, especially as doing so all but negated the reason for them in the first place - i.e. controlling DIY and ancillary trades.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry to bring this up again but wanted to check the wiring configuration. I was going to run the 10mm2 cable into one 50A cooker switch then have two seperate cables come out... One to go to a double wall outlet for both single ovens and one to got to a wall outlet for the hob.

However, the hob is 32A and ovens are 13A each so a total of 58A. Do presumably I can't run them both through the one switch?

If I can't, I presume I could have two switches (linked with some 10mm2)...one for ovens and one for hob...?

Thanks

I was going to run the 10mm2 cable into one 50A cooker switch then have two seperate cables come out... One to go to a double wall outlet for both single ovens and one to got to a wall outlet for the hob.
You do not need 10mm².
6mm² from a 32A MCB is adequate for any domestic cooking appliances you will have.

However, the hob is 32A and ovens are 13A each so a total of 58A.
It doesn't work like that for cooking appliances because they won't all be drawing power at the same time even when/if all are switched on.
"Diversity" is used - 48 x 0.3 + 10 = 24.4A is all you need.

So presumably I can't run them both through the one switch?
Yes you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back