Cooker Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

Can I run a built in hob and single oven (13A Oven) from one cooker switch. The current radial is a 30A rated. Both will be within 2 meters. If so can someone please explain the best procedure to complete this, or offer some sound advice

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The electric hob should be left on it's own circuit, what is the total loading of the oven, if less than 13 amps and came with a plug top fitted it can be plugged into a socket outlet.

Baz

Thanks for your advice, we have not got the cooker yet but most of the ones she likes are rated at 13A. The thing is I have been told so many conflicting things, one persons say you can one say you cant.

So it is safe to plug cooker into a normal socket, I just need to run a spur from the ring should it be fused??

You need to tell us what wattage the hob and oven will draw. You should get this info from the manufacturers manual or from a plate on the rear or underside of each appliance. Installation instructions are usually provided in the manual.

Sponsored Links
a cooker has an oven and a hob

Most UK single ovens will run off a 13A plug

Electric hobs use much more than this and must have a dedicated Electric Cooker circuit (this is also adequate for a normal-sized all-electric cooker).

the only normal-sized cookers that will run off a 13A plug have a gas hob and a single electric oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back