Cooking - Sago milk pudding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to love the sago milk pudding at school and long ago, they used to sell it in tins, but it seems no longer available. Well, I just happened to mention it and she ordered up a 1kg bag of sago perls and stood back. I'm no cook, but I will have a go and off I went seeking out recipes....

I found one that showed a picture of a milk pudding, so I started on that one, but then realised the inclusion of eggs would likely mean it would be a pudding to cut up, rather than the runny pudding I was hoping for. Next I found one which didn't involve eggs, so I adapted what I had done so far, to the new recipe.

The new recipe didn't mention any need to soak the perls, so I crashed on to the end with it. Having now tasted it, the taste is there, but the perls are still hard in the middle. Can it be salvaged? This recipe - https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1817003

Sponsored Links
I used to soak it overnight, although there is no need to.

As for salvaging it, it should soak up the liquid and rehydrate.

Once it has soaked up the liquid, the sago should be soft, then you could add a little more liquid to loosen it up a bit.

Sponsored Links
Back