Cooling problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a ford fusion which is over heating does anyone know where the engine management relay is located 2004 1400 semi auto
Regards mick.

Sponsored Links
Overheating:
Electric fan not coming on when hot
Thermostat
Water pump
Blocked radiator outside
Blocked radiator inside
Head Gasket

Sorry cant help on the relay

Under what circumstances does it overheat, does it show any evidence of overheating apart from a high reading?

Peter

Fan won't run renewed sensor, pressure cap, checked operation of two relays,called AA out they couldn't help said temp gauge in dash was reading normal but their computer was reading 100degrees and fan should be running said it might be ECU or broken wire but I could drive it home with the heater on I bought a Haynes manual and it shows 3 relays on models with AC which mine has but I can only find 2 the third one seems to be Engine management relay but I can't find it.
If I connect wires to the fan direct from the battery the fan runs ok and the car doesn't overheat.
Regards Mick.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, that information gives an idea where your problem is, its obviously an electrical fault but I personally don't have any experience of your car, there may be someone on here who does but you would probably be better off on a Ford specific forum.

Peter

Back