Copper central heating manifold replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone changed a copper central heating manifold

i have a small leak in the main joint of the 28mm pipe where one of the microbore 10mm joins it

i have tried pouring leak fix in the header tank and tried sealing the joint but to no avail

i was thinking of replacing it with a plastic manifold or similar if any is available

do you know if you can replace these

any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Part No. Description Unit Price Qty
15069 22 mm x spigot £6.12

from BES catalogue

Part No. Description Unit Price Qty
15069 22 mm x spigot £6.12

from BES catalogue

can you explain how i would repair this with this part

would i cut the main pipe section taking out the leaking joint and push fit this part in ?

on one side of the main pipe one of the connections is sealed off so i dont need that one, i need a connection from underneath the pipe going into the concrete and also the other side of the main pipe i need a connection

posted that part BEFORE the pic was loaded........

if it was my own job i would rip it all out and start again, it looks RAF

Sponsored Links
Do you need to replace it?

Can you not drain down, undo the compression nut where it is leaking clean it up, butter on some jointing compound and do it back up?

Or is the leak actually on the manifold soldered branch or whatever?

These Wednesbury manifolds are notorious for leaking at that joint. Replace as my pal Glasga Gas has stated.

If you 11 rads from that one manifold I'd revamp the system completely!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back