1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Copper Socket Forming Tool

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by vards01, 8 Nov 2020.

1. vards01

vards01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello All,

Just putting this out there as I would like to buy a socket forming tool for copper pipe, dont fancy the bash in types, so would like the expander type.

The Rothenberger one is £200 plus the 15, 22 & 28mm heads.....or thereabouts, just wondering has anyone brought the cheaper Chinese versions on ebay which look like direct copies for about £60.

It would be a handy addition, but I think the £200 plus price is too much...... anyone any sucess with the Chinese version?

2. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a Rothy set but with some of the shed copper tube they are so thin that they split, can still be soldered , but some of the tube available just now is absolute shoite

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. vards01

vards01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe not worth the purchase......if the pipe these days isn't up to it, may as well just use a coupler. Shame as I like a tool for every job!

5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The only time I really use mine theses days are whn fitting a boiler with pre formed tails , sometimes they arent expanded properly so use the Rothy to open them up a pinch,makes life a little bit easier, rather than wrestling to get the pipe in

6. Sponsored Links