Cordless drill chuck lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did not know if you back off a cordless drill chuck one click it locks.
Works on mine.
Wondered why drill bit kept coming out. Especially spade ended ones

Sponsored Links
Think many of us here crawl youtube ect looking at power tools and making stuff. Guess it's pops up for all of us.

This one is also good on tape measure

Few chippies could do with learning this one! Mastic can only fill so much!
I love um really

OK so I can put my pipe grips away and try this - cool

Sponsored Links
Clicking back does seem to help with the metal chucks on my heavy duty corded and cordless drills, especially on the two part chuck on the corded Makita which is difficult to fully tighten, or at least sense that it is. But it seems easier to tell when plastic chucks are fully tightened.

Blup

This one is also good on tape measure

Few chippies could do with learning this one!
Measuring two lengths and adding can be prone to errors in addition (someone who can't read a tape right, probably can't add up, either) - maybe better to use a tape designed for internal measurement, like a Hultafors Talmeter, which directly reads internal measurements up to 6m (for the big one). The smaller (2m and 3m) tapes have an additional neat trick - wrap them round a pipe like a soil stack, old radiator pipe, etc and you can directly read off the diameter of the pipe. Very handy for pipe boxing, that. For longer internal measurements where even a FatMax 8m/26ft with its' massive stand out won't suffice I use a laser rangefinder (Leica Disto). Handy for all sorts of internal measurements on shorter stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Measuring two lengths and adding can be prone to errors in addition (someone who can't read a tape right, probably can't add up, either)
Indeed and his 'logic' is pretty questionable.
Measure from RH end to arbitrary point then add measurement from LH end to arbitrary point - good.
Measure from LH end to RH end then add size from value on the back of the tape measure - bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back