Core drill and SDS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SDS drill able to drill core holes - does it exist?
Looking for a 240V corded one.
I either found sds drills or core drills but not one that does both....

Sponsored Links
They don't exist.

Core drilling requires slow speed and high torque - the opposite of a drill intended to make small holes.

Can't you turn off the hammer function on most sds drill? I've gota cheap one and you can...

Sponsored Links
Just realised are you saying sds or sds plus?

mine in a plus version.

They don't exist.

Core drilling requires slow speed and high torque

the cheap Titan has 5 speed settings from 200 to 750rpm

I can't find a table of speeds for TCT masonry cores, but those speeds are within the right ranges for diamond cores

(bigger core, lower speed, obv.)

The Titan looks a bit cheap for me.

Indeed it is. if you have one main job for it, which will be finished within 24 months (the length of the guarantee) it is good value. You can buy better if you have more heavy work and deeper pockets.

The extra weight is handy for light breaking and chiselling.

Indeed it is. if you have one main job for it, which will be finished within 24 months (the length of the guarantee) it is good value. You can buy better if you have more heavy work and deeper pockets.
what do you recommend?

I got the cheap Titan. It did the job I bought it for, and is still working afterwards, with lots of accessories, so for me, it's been good value.

I would not want to hold it above shoulder height for long.

I have not been in the market for a good SDS+. For most of my time, an 18v cordless is all I need.

Think you get 3 years warranty with the ‘cheap’ Titan drill. Call mine the beast, as it does all the dirty jobs.

I’ve also got a Boschhammer drill, this struggles for power with cores and chisels etc.
Not a problem for the beast. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back