corgi certificate cost

ogc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

we might have a boiler fitted by an engineer friend who is not corgi registered.

could anyone tell me how much it would cost to get the installation certified.

cheers

Sponsored Links
No sensible corgi guy will certify someone elses work as he will be taking full responcability if it kills or injures :cry:

could always avoid the hassle and have the boiler fitted properly
no corgi reg eng will sign off somebody elses work :rolleyes:
i certainly wont :evil:

Sponsored Links
It'll cost £150 to £300. It's done by the building control department of your local authority. You send in your money and plans before you start, and they come out after you've finished. They might want a specific safety check done by a particular type of firm, but building control are the only ones who can sign for work done by someone else. Tradesmen can certify only the work they did.

One of the most important aspects of having a boiler installed is having the system cleaned. Nowt to do with corgi, but if you're cuttting corners on price that'll go out of the window. May well bite you in years to come.

thanks for the replies.

can someone explain to me the breakdown of the costs of installing a boiler if i say paid 700 for a boiler.

where is my other 700 pounds going for a days work as i have been quoted yp to 1500 for an installation.

it seems an extraordianry amount..

regards

pipe
fittings
tools
insurance
registration
admin
tax
vat
wages
fuel
advertising
training
rent
mortgage
food

need i gone on?

£1500 seems cheap to me!

I did mine last summer and was quoted anywhere from £1800 (non registered plumber) to £3500 + VAT (large nation wide gas company... :eek: )

To get the boiler commissionned, I found the easiest was to contact the boiler manufacturer, they'll refer you to their local service engineers who do it for a set fee (around £60+VAT in my area).

ok
thanks

im off to college to be a heating engineer

ogc said:
ok
thanks

im off to college to be a heating engineer

yer just like every man and his dog, some peeps are never happy
ill fit it for free :rolleyes:

how about
I fit the boiler
give you a fiver
run an iron over your shirt
sort the kids out for bed then school
and finaly polish the house up

would that be good enough

Bloody typical english workmen, always wanting payment for working bolllocks off, tsk, typical, typical, bloody peasants ruining this country, should know their place :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back