CORGI Mafia

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
S

Soggy_weetabix

Upon registering every appliance I install with the CORGI, I was so impressed with the effiency of which the 'spot checks' take place.
5.10pm 4/1/06....Local CORGI inspector calls to let me know he will be inspecting a hob fit I did. BUT, its at 9.30 5/1/06, and whilst I dont need to be there "its looks bad if your not."

I arrive 9.20. Wait for CORGI man who arrives 9.50am (bless him as he had to travel 4 miles). I have cancelled 3 am jobs to be there, and annoyed some regular customers without heat who I had previously booked.

CORGI man arrives, and spends 3 hours telling me a gas pipe to the fire needs re-routing as its 3mm...yes 3mm too close to an electrical socket, and that he will be back later in the day to check its been done. Duty of care apparently.

Oh and now customer has tiled new kitchen. rear of hob is 5mm too close to rear kitchen wall. Oh what joy as he made a point of wording my 'sub-standard' notice for me.

AND to top it all off as he slithered away from the property..."good for you mate, Ive just created a few jobs you can earn from"

LIKE IT NEED THEM!

Funny thing is, I had to attend a fire that had been serviced by a BG engineer a few years back as the occupants were suffering flu like symptems, and what struck me was the fact that the fire had NO flue on it.

And yes...that was my CORGI inspector today

Little faith is an under statement to say the least.

Regards

David

(and yes you purists out there, this has been posted on another site but whilst many views, no replies)

Sponsored Links
PaulAH said:
Become a CORGI inspector.

Haha.

I have a family. You seen their wages?

I earnt more as an apprentice. Guess its a case of " i got bigger balls than you". Blees his little CORGI encrusted socks and g string

Maybe the guy wanted a bung. How about £10 per mm?

Sponsored Links
PaulAH said:
Maybe the guy wanted a bung. How about £10 per mm?

I like a black man to give him a bung. Personally bungs are for the Barrymore's of this world.

£10 a mm? the cross bonding was 400mm in excess of the customary 600mm downstream.

This could be expensive.

Time to put that red light above the front door again.

Soggy_weetabix said:
whilst I dont need to be there "its looks bad if your not."

Guess it would look bad then, why would you want to lose paid jobs to watch someone pore over your work?

Because if I dont Ill have 'spot checks' like this untill I show my face. We have a responsibilty as CORGI men to spare time for these inspections.

Its responsibility (and loss of wages) that we have to endure to keep the powers that be happy.

I like a black man to give him a bung.

Please do not lower the tone of this forum with racist comments.

Anyway, this is a myth. Didn't you know that the Portugese have the longest and Poles the the thickest?

Regards
Fernandez Wolenska

The strongest man competition tonight proved that.

BUT, I bet he never had to hang of 3/4' barrel in a drain looking like a pole vaulter.

"""looking like a pole vaulter"""

I dont think you should have said that! PaulAH will be after you now for being cruel to the Polish!

Tony

As in

"Are you a pole vaulter?"

"Nein, I am Austrian. But how did you know my name?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back