Corgi registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,

I have been in the trade for the last 26yrs & applied for corgi registration & have ccn1 etc. someone from corgi is coming out on friday to see me, apparently it lasts 1.5 hours, can anyone tell me what to expect. Just asking because it says on the application for, if unsuccessful there will be no refund & it has cost £464!

john

Sponsored Links
I would expect for £464 to be relieved if you pass or totally p***ed off if you fail :p

corgi inspector has general chat about u , ur work, and tests ur knowledge. When he came to me ,he only asked me about four questions and said the answers were wrong. I told him he had got it wrong and to check his books,which he did and apologised to me.Main interest is generally flues and ventilation.GOOD LUCK.

Gen up on unsafe situations etc. You need to be able to know what has to be done and in what situation.

Most of the rest you can look up at your leisure.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Never as bad as you think its going to be mate relax and good luck, if you passed the ccn1 you'll be apples with the inspector

Some idiots can't even recite how to do a tightness test, make sure you can get all those details right from memory as though you do them all the time and look the rest up.

good point paul

also worth boning up on gas rates my inspector is red hot on them :)

corgi man will ask about your experiance ( who with you get gas on site experiance) and about your qualification
he will ask for safety tools you got ( smoke matches, menometer etc )
he will ask you, how to do tightness test and simple gas rate calculating questions
and flue and ventilation related questions and question specify as unsafe situation and how to make safe

you are allowed to see books but you probably dont need it because they ask very simple questions

and last, corgi charged fee from april to march, so ask them to register you as a corgi from april ( corgi charged full year fee whenever you register during the year )

best of luck

Right,

I have been through all my books, files etc & found a load of working out for gas rates but none of it make sense, its just numbers, cannot find the questions to which it relates, anyone help?

The best advice I would give is to treat the inspector like a friend or college not the enemy he really is.

Get him on your side, tea and chocolate biscuits.
Works for me every time.

DONT PANIC.
If youve been in the game as long as you say you`l be OK.
He`l ask you about bog standard stuff like Tightness test and ventilation requirements, spillage tests , and open flues.
All the basic stiuff you should know, and if you dont you shouldnt really be on the register.
I`m sure you`l be ok though. remember they want your money.

Yes how did it go, well I hope. Are you now a member of the worse club in the UK :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back