Cornering on on plasterboard.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have just plasterboarded a couple of new stud walls and taped an jointed the flat joints with the nylon mesh tape and easi fill. And its turned out pretty good even if i say so my self :D

Now the corners on the other hand have turned out gash... and no amount of magnolia is gonna hide the fact its a ****e job.

The tape is the cornering tape from b and q that has the metal strips on it and on the box it says use the jointing plaster to stick it on the corner then apply a couple of coats after drying feathing out as you go a bit wider on each application then sand and paint.

So I applied a thin coat of easi fill to the corners, I made it quite wet so stop it drying out too quick before I could apply the corners. I used a caulking tool to get it down nice and tight and push out any excess. I dried and looked pretty good. Then I applied the first bit of easi fil feathering it out. Next morning the tape had bubbled in various place along the corner and is no good....

What have I done wrong?

Or more to the point what should I have done, as Im going to have to start again :( luckily I think I have enought tape left to do the corners I need.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
What have I done wrong?
This probably;
I made it quite wet so stop it drying out too quick before I could apply the corners.
It’s a gypsum plaster based compound, adding more/too much water in an attempt to lengthen the working time weakens composition &
affects adhesion.
Or more to the point what should I have done, as Im going to have to start again
Why not do it properly & get it plastered. Tape & fill is a cheap & cheerful DIY solution but will never look as good & is nowhere near as resilient as plaster. If you stick with it, make sure you use a drywall sealer before you decorate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back