Correct Bathroom light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I need to install a couple of lights in my bathroom as soon as I have fitted a new roof window (it's a flat roof bathroom).

After a lot of help from a number of guys on this site I have chosen the following (these are all my budget would allow);

http://www.lightingathome.co.uk/end...-with-clear-outer-and-opal-inner-p-11408.html

From a technical point of view are these correct? Do I need to order anything else? I have an electrician booked for next week and need to have the things here waiting to be installed.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Recessed = in the ceiling
flush = fitting flat against the ceiling
semi-flush = fits flat against ceiling but has fixed parts which stick out/down into room
pendant = hangs into room on a chain or flex
non-electric = lampshade

Recessed = in the ceiling through a hole
flush = fitting flat against the ceiling through a hole
semi-flush = fits flat against ceiling through a hole
but has fixed parts which stick out/down into room
pendant = hangs into room on a chain or flex
non-electric = lampshade
That's not what flameport wrote.

Why have you changed it in order to make it incorrect in places?

You can also get IP44 lights here just incase you ceilings are a bit low.

http://www.ip44-lights.co.uk/ip44-flush.htm

They class these a flush ;)
Yup.

I've got the Strata in mine

strata-0203-lar.jpg

Nice looking light but -

1) If you don't use a CFL the heat from an incandescent makes the connector block inside go brittle and crumble, and causes the cylindrical diffuser which runs vertically inside from top to bottom to crack.

2) Unless you have somewhere very close at hand to put the bits as you take them off you really need an assistant to take the nuts and bottom glass disc and diffuser from you when you change the lamp, and then pass them back to you as needed. (Another good reason for using a CFL - greatly reduced re-lamping frequency ;) )

3) The horizontal glass surfaces collect dust and dead insects.

Thanks again for you help gents.

I've changed my mind now I've seen these;

http://www.ip44-lights.co.uk/strata-0291.htm

They're square like the new roof window.

So I'll be alright if I get a couple of these?
Yes

Do I need any other bits or will the sparks be able to crack on when he turns up?
You really need to ask him that question - if the job involves removing and replacing a ceiling rose then terminal blocks, chocboxes and brown/red sleeving may be need - if it involves extra cabling (connecting one light to the other) then normally 1mm or 1.5mm T&E.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back