Correct Drylining Choice For Stone Walls and Reveals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, This is my first post after reading through many on similar subjects on here but not getting a conclusive answer so here goes...
I am part way through renovating a stone built end terrace in Cumbria which has solid stone walls approx 400mm thick. There were damp issues when i bought it due to the raised nature of the adjacent land on the gable side that have now hopefully been dealt with by lowering the external levels and totally re-rendering the gable. I have had new concrete floors throughout incorporating a DPM and 100mm kingspan and this will be finished off with a 60-80mm screed.
I would like some advice on the most suitable method of lining the internal walls on the ground and first floors which are currently back to the stone, my prefered method at the moment is a metal Gypliner system with GL1 lining channel, GL8 track and GL2 brackets then Kingspan K18 Insulated board or similar to finished plaster.
Would this be the most suitable method and would i need to take any additional damp prevention methods before installing this system?
Also could anyone advise on how the window reveals should be constructed to prevent damp due to fact there are no cavities? I have attached photos to show the situation at the moment, thanks in advance for any responses or advice anyone is able to give.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back