Cost for concrete base for wood garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of having a wooden garage erected next to the house on a concrete base.

It's only to store a car so I'm hoping a 100mm slab on top of some hardcore will suffice.

I know the cost of the garage but want to calculate the cost of having the base constructed.

I can do all the digging but I'd really like so indication of hardcore and concrete costs for 20 x 10.

Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
150mm (5.5 tonne) of stone, wacker, 2m³ of concrete etc will set you back aboot £400 - £500 depending how and where you shop.

Other things to consider are spoil removal, excavator costs, polythene dpm, shuttering, rainwater drainage, slab toe and edge thickening, reinforcement, slab protection etc.

However, much thought needs going into these type of bases, if you are to avoid damp ingress problems later on. In particular your method of base construction and the pitfalls associated with economy slab bases.

There are a billion posts on the subject if you can be bothered with the search facility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back