Cost of extending above a garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - we are looking to add a first floor extension above our garage. The garage to stay, and a first floor addition to be added, ideally supported on three steels, and tied to the main property. Utilise the existing clay tiles as far as possible. Window to front and rear, nothing on side. Single knock through (via a chimney breast - chi enemy would need to be re routed in a New flue and through roof).

Ideally the new room would sit on the steels; which would be supported on three new founded block pillars. The first floor would be of wooden structure Stirling board, over ply construction (minimal width), for room size saving.

Total size of floor area would be 6 x 2.5 m.

Any thoughts on cost lovely people ? We have one quote which us far higher than I thought.

Mt thoughts were £1,200 a sq metre, 18k. With say another 3k fir additional steels and 3 k fir knock through - so around 25k.

Thoughts ?

:D

Sponsored Links
First impressions suggest £25k sounds about right and would cover a fair chunk of the finishing stuff as well as leccy and plumbing (heating) etc.

However the complexities surrounding the steel support work and chimney re-design work, leaves me thinking there could be more to this than meets the eye.

I take it you have a drawing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back