COST OF GARDEN WALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a ball park figure for a reasonable cost of a brick wall about 30 foot wide and a couple of foot high.

Ive been quoted £1k and that sounds steep to me.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Single or double skin?

Single wall approximately 420 bricks depending on type of bricks = £150, double if it's a double wall then you got concrete for footing etc.

The price is about right within reason but get some more quote first.

jamesn6 said:
Ive been quoted £1k and that sounds steep to me.

Thanks.

Then get some more quotes. :rolleyes:

There are too many variables for someone to give you a price on a forum.

But, for what it's worth, I'll quote you £5000 as I'm a bit busy at the moment, so not really fussed if I get the job. And I hate low garden walls so that includes 20% premium for my aching back.

Some ****** may quote you £500.

Sponsored Links
As the others have suggested, get more quotes, and please see forum rule 9

And I hate low garden walls so that includes 20% premium for my aching back.

tell me about it, been doing them all day. never gets any easier does it!

Woody,

I was passing a house last week whilest i was working on a nearby property. I saw a couple of guys in an old batterd white tranny knocking down the garden wall.

next day there were 3 guys scrapping away the grass and digging a massive 2 inch deep trench ready for the wall footings.

Day 3 and the wall was up and the new concrete drive laid. I promise to take a picture tomorrow of the wall and let you see.

It is the most amazing trick stonework i have ever seen :) I challenge you to show me better

Watch this space

h he bet i can, im watching one being done down the road from us. the sloping gardens been terraced. Only problem is the lower wall follows the slope of the hill and the wall above it is dead level...nice! ill see if i can get a surroptitious picture as well, really looks daft

Thermo

Snap.

Thats exactly whats been done on this one. Maybe its the same team having to travel the country because they are running out of customers in their local area :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back