Cost of living shooting up becoz of Brexit

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
While many complain about life in general and the cost of living etc, I am sitting on a sofa that costs £3,500, lovely and warm in front of a fire place costing £2,300, watching the latest film on a 90" smart TV that costs £4,000. Right now, I'm so happy, with no worries and not a care in the world. Not even the staff at John Lewis, who keep asking me to leave, can spoil my day.

While many complain about life in general and the cost of living etc, I am sitting on a sofa that costs £3,500, lovely and warm in front of a fire place costing £2,300, watching the latest film on a 90" smart TV that costs £4,000. Right now, I'm so happy, with no worries and not a care in the world. Not even the staff at John Lewis, who keep asking me to leave, can spoil my day.
:D:D:D:giggle::giggle:

I knew it was a joke. .... you never mentioned the Range Rover or the watches ⌚

Fact is, the more correct one, Brexit has increased costs associated with trade with our major market. Both ways too.

Fact is, the more correct one, Brexit has increased costs associated with trade with our major market. Both ways too.
Not so much, we aren't paying higher prices yet because we haven't applied the required controls yet.

Not so much, we aren't paying higher prices yet because we haven't applied the required controls yet.
Odd comment. Everything now goes through an export channel both ways.

Lets take EU to here. A distributor. I can buy from them as an individual but as an export shipping costs are a lot higher. This particular company is also registered with UK VAT. Things would be different if I was VAT registered. The stuff is not just stuck in the post any more either way.

There are retailers in the EU that want to sell to the UK and always have. They have found a way around several problems. They set up to sell local VAT free on exports. They may use euro payment via a uk internet bank service. Most UK banks internet accounts offer direct euro transfers. The charges a carrier makes to fill in the required paper work going on one item I wanted to buy were enormous. I assume these other people do it themselves. There is a minimum value aspect at this end though for "consumers". Some stick to it but one doesn't. I wonder if this check will ever be enforced. People still order from China etc.

Stuff going the other way is much the same as far as I am aware. Like NI problems the big boys will have it well sorted out. Same from the other side but costs increase.

Personal experience. Border Force are alive and well. I was mis charged on import duty. Should have been 0 rated and turned out to be rather a lot. I phoned customs - your correct should have been 0%, nothing to do with us. It's BF. The parcel label was correctly filled in. That can be a substitute for paperwork but no longer just has an address on it.

Sponsored Links
Back