cost to fit Consumer Unit

I have posted this before. I do free quotes for consumer unit changes and if it takes me one hour, in that time i can find borrowed neutrals, poor IR, broken rings and a visual inspection. and a couple of ELFI's This approach installs confidence in the customer and also saves me the time when taking results for the actual cu change. any por results are negotiated. If i insisted on an EICR before hand, very few would be interested. I don't lose many quotes, my prices start from £350 for a 6 circuit installation. I add emegency non maintained lighting at the cu position where the house is protected by limited or one lighting circuit for £70.00.

Sponsored Links
i can say that i am in a position to increase my prices because i can afford to pick and choose my work. I can do free quotes and state my terms. It is upto the customer to decide to go ahead or not. I made a business decision to build up a client base and it has worked for me up till now. There is no obligation. just a free market quote.

Hi 17th - interesting that you say that no one would be interested if you did EICR first. I've found just the opposite and now always do one - so generally a board change is a 2 day job (which allows some time for the inevitable remedials.....)

Looking back I wonder how/why I put myself through the stress of trying to get a board done in a day!!

SB

Sponsored Links
Hi SB. we all have our own ways to win business. it works for you, it works for me. What i dont understand is electricians quoting for work without any sort of inspection and testing. as others have said, it could be painful if the customer goes cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back