Cost to remove snapped wheel bolt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening

I had my 2 front tyres changed on Saturday and on the way to work this morning I heard a knocking that got progressively louder from the front of the car. I had a quick look and I could literally unscrew the wheel bolts with my hand. Not best pleased as you would imagine.

Anyway, given that it was pouring down and I was in a bit of a mood over this I ended up over doing the tightening and snapped a bolt inside the wheel hub.

Is the car (Peugeot 206 Y Reg) safe enough to drive with 3 of the 4 bolts on one wheel?

I'm calling the tyre shop first thing over the loose bolts and I don't no whether I should mention the snapped bolt and ask if they will sort it? I'm tempted to say the wheel was so loose that pressure must have took one of the bolt heads off. Believable?

If they won't have it how much am I looking at to get it out? Weirdly my Googling isn't bringing a great deal of info up on pricing.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
With the wheel off, the snapped stud won't actually be that tight......I'd certainly ask the tyre place to sort things, if only for the consequences of the wheel coming off altogether.
No one will recommend you using the car with only 3 bolts instead of four, but I've done it!
John :)

Have you removed the wheel to see if any of the snapped stud is still accessible?
Large screw removal tool might unscrew it

Sponsored Links
Back