Council-run Car Parks and Disabled Parking

provision of course for "disabled " people should be made and parking them should be free, further I recognise not all disabilities are immediately apparent. What annoys me is our local supermarket that has far more disabled spaces than are ever used. For the record, I wouldn't dream of parking in one.

I broke my own rule never park in a disabled space. But whilst recovering from my knee operation i have parked in then without a badge. wrong still but I've needed to.

Sponsored Links
I broke my own rule never park in a disabled space. But whilst recovering from my knee operation i have parked in then without a badge. wrong still but I've needed to.

I don't have an issue when there is a real need, BB or no BB, but I often see fit twenty something using them with no BB and dashing into the stores without any difficulty.

I don't have an issue when there is a real need, BB or no BB, but I often see fit twenty something using them with no BB and dashing into the stores without any difficulty.

I see it today,sometimes say something but not bothering while I'm disabled myself

At our local Waitrose you have to take a ticket to raise the entrance barrier. To get out during the week the barrier is usually in the raised position but during the weekend you need to show a receipt, worth at least £5, to a man in the booth. Don't know off hand what the charge is if you haven't spent a fiver.

Sponsored Links
At our local Waitrose you have to take a ticket to raise the entrance barrier. To get out during the week the barrier is usually in the raised position but during the weekend you need to show a receipt, worth at least £5, to a man in the booth. Don't know off hand what the charge is if you haven't spent a fiver.

What if you go in W and they don't have what your went in for?

I see it today,sometimes say something but not bothering while I'm disabled myself

When I used to drive my wife about, I would sometimes park right behind one with no BB, me sat in the car waiting, BB on display and if it were obvious they weren't entitled, I would force them to have to come and ask me to move to release them.

When I used to drive my wife about, I would sometimes park right behind one with no BB, me sat in the car waiting, BB on display and if it were obvious they weren't entitled, I would force them to have to come and ask me to move to release them.
Thats the sort of thing I do Harry

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, golden rule there are plenty of other folk who will beat you up, you don't need an extra one I.e. yourself. Besides you were/are (hopefully) temporarily disabled.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, golden rule there are plenty of other folk who will beat you up, you don't need an extra one I.e. yourself. Besides you were/are (hopefully) temporarily disabled.

Now my brace us off and I can move well I won't do it.
I get just as annoyed when people park in parents with kids spots.

What if you go in W and they don't have what your went in for?

I honestly don't know. I suppose if you find they haven't got what you want the time stamp on the ticket will show you haven't been parked there long enough to have been shopping elsewhere. It's exclusively for Waitrose with no other shops immediately in the vicinity.

I used to get a bit irritsted by all the mother and child spaces at the supermarket.

Now Im pleased, it puts all the cars with kids that open the door wide causing parking dents, safely away from other drivers.

I never park next to 4 x 4s, people carriers or cars with baby stickers (y)

Quite! I also recommend avoiding 2 door cars, cos the doors are always stupudly long to accommodate the back seaters!

When ever I need to get out, closely parked next to another car, the simple thing to do is put my fingers around the door edge, to protect my car's door and the one next to mine. That simple thing seems to be beyond many people and they just let their doors fly open.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back