Court rules in favour of the supremacy of UK Parliament

Sponsored Links
Once again, the great British public has shown how out of touch it is with the judiciary.

Why do we bother with Parliament, courts and laws when we could let the tabloids tell us what to do?

Sponsored Links
14991956_806172499525271_6028798582522114769_n.jpg

Part of the judges determination was that invoking A50 woud deprive UK citizens of their right to be citizens of the EU, so would need parliamentary approval because of the 'removal' of the 'right' to be considered an EU citizen.
But the term is meaningless - you only have the rights of the country in which you live - so it wouldn't be depriving UK residents of any rights, so the judgment is flawed.
But of course, judges are part of the Establishment and wish to preserve the status quo.

I voted for Brexit

& I am not moaner, whinging about some legal caper that a court has ruled on about giving parliament a vote on article 50

Who cares I say

They may stall the process but they will not stop Brexit . be it hard , soft or semi hard brexit . it will go ahead one way or another :)

Part of the judges determination was that invoking A50 woud deprive UK citizens of their right to be citizens of the EU
Were there any other parts that influenced their decision or are you simply being Daily Mail-esque and selecting an agenda fitting snippet.

Perhaps they were just upholding Great British law.

One day you might even know what it means.

These are complex issues Noseall & as such your understanding of these complex issues is limited (to put it politely :))

you may be best advised to spend a little more time watching & listening & if u do then u may well learn some thing :)

some legal caper that a court has ruled on about giving parliament a vote on article 50
Who cares I say
It's not a legal caper.

It is a ruling that Mrs.May was intending to do something illegal and it took a court case to prevent her doing that.

You could say that that is a shameful thing for the Prime Minister of Britain to have planned.

The ruling is not a surprise as it has been stated several times that Parliament would have to vote in order to change the Law.

Now, should the Supreme Court reverse the decision, there really will be something to moan about.

Sponsored Links
Back